Thursday, September 12, 2019

Grace, Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy by Emily Ley

Grace, Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy

* I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley. All opinions are my own.*

This will probably be a shorter post, because I don't really have a whole lot to say about this book. I will say that I enjoyed it more than Girl Wash Your Face because it seemed a whole lot less preachy to me. The author, Emily Ley, runs her own planner company and has three kids, and just seems a whole lot more personable and down to Earth than the vibe I got from Hollis. She seems to actually be like every other mom out there, not like she pretends to be so that she can be #relatable. 

This book wasn't a very long one, but it took me a while to read because of the other things I had going in my life. It was a cute, well organized read, but there wasn't any new or groundbreaking information in it. It was like almost every other Christian based self help book I had read before, with pretty pictures included. I will say that I checked out the print copy at one of our local libraries, because the format of the layout looked atrocious on my phone, and it was a whole lot better in print. 

Grace Not Perfection was published in October of 2016. If you're looking for something similar to "Wash Your Face" then this would be a good choice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment