Friday, November 8, 2019

She's The Worst by Lauren Spieller

Cover Image from GoodReads


I was given an eARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own. 

So after reading this book, I can absolutely say that all of the people in it are the worst. The parents, who fought constantly and put their own happiness before their childrens'? The worst. The fact that they would rather see their kids forgo college to keep THEIR dream store afloat? The worst. The sister that wanted her older sister to stay close to home so that she didn't have to work in the store? The worst. The older sister who wanted to escape for her own good, not caring that she was leaving everyone else to clean up the mess? The worst. With that being said though, I didn't hate the book. 

This was a fairly quick read. It annoyed me most of the way through because the characters were just so unreasonable, but likable at the same time. I rooted for them, but also wanted to slap them. The bond between the sisters was cute, and I loved the relationship that developed in the end of the book. I really wish we would have found out a bit more about the parents and whether or not their relationship actually got better, but I liked the fact that the book focused mostly on one day. This is a good book for anyone looking to read a sister bonding story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment