Monday, April 13, 2020

Tweet Cute by Emma Lord

Tweet Cute
Cover Art from GoodReads

*I received an eARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own*

First of all, yes this is a YA novel. Yes, I am an almost 30 year old woman. Yes, I still read (and ENJOY) YA novels. No I don't care if you think I'm too old for that, or if you don't like it. Keep scrolling. 

Alright, now that that unpleasantness is out of the way... I LOVED this book. Pepper and Jack were two of my favorite characters I've been introduced to in a while. Pepper was high strung and very type A, compounded by the pressure she received from her mom to help run their burger joint's Twitter. Jack is her exact opposite, except that he also helps run his family business's Twitter account. When the two businesses end up in a Twitter war, they eventually figure out their connection, and try to put their angst aside to become friends.What they don't realize is that they've been baring their souls to each other on a secret app where all the participants have their identities hidden. I kept wanting to yell at both of them, because I was ready for the HEA, but Ms. Lord did NOT disappoint on that end. 

This was one of those sickly sweet romances that I probably would have hated during my teen years, but come to appreciate after having been in the actual dating scene ( 0/10 would NOT recommend). There aren't any steamy scenes (it is YA after all) and all in all this is a cute, easy read. I would definitely recommend it to our teen readers and even some of our adults as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment