Monday, June 3, 2019

Mine by Courtney Cole

Mine

**I was given this book as an ARC from NetGalley. All opinions are my own.**


This book was crazy pants! The premise of the story is that while preparing for a storm, the main character, Tessa, finds out that her husband has had an affair with a much younger woman, Lindsey. Tessa (while pretending to be her husband, Ethan) convinces Lindsey to come over. She does, and Tessa has to figure out how she is going to react. 

The story is told through alternating views of Tessa and Lindsey. We find out how the affair started, and essentially what was going on in Tessa's life at the same time, along with current day happenings. I think by alternating the characters, it allows the reader to get a bigger picture of what is actually going down, because you hear both characters' sides, rather than just that of the scorned wife, or the lover. 

Honestly, I didn't really understand Tessa's reaction. I understand her frustration, and her anger, but to react that way toward Lindsey seemed pointless to me. Lindsey wasn't the one who owed her any loyalty, her husband was. Lindsey wasn't the one who broke up her family, HER HUSBAND WAS. If you want to get mad, sure, get mad AT HIM. If she needed "answers" she could have had a phone conversation with Lindsey, or just waited until her husband got home. I guess, had she not done what she did though, there wouldn't be a story. 

I also read that the author wrote this after having found out that her own husband was having an affair. I hope that she was a lot calmer than Tessa was, but that writing this gave her some peace. 

3/5 stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment