Thursday, May 23, 2019

Bring Down the Stars by Emma Scott

Bring Down the Stars (Beautiful Hearts, #1)
cover art from GoodReads

*I am grateful to have been given this book as an ARC from NetGalley. All opinions are mine.*

Oh. My. God. I haven't really fallen for a book character since Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind, but Weston Turner could not have been more perfect. He was just the right amount of broody, handsome and athletic, AND he has a way with words and loves literature? *Swoons in librarian.*

I even found myself drawn to Connor Drake, so I can understand why Autumn fell for both of those boys, even if she didn't realize she had done so. I stayed up reading last night until I couldn't see anymore, because I just had to find out what was going to happen to these characters. I am forever grateful that I received this book and the sequel, Long Live the Beautiful Hearts as ARCs because if I had to wait after that cliffhanger to find out what happened I would be a very upset reader. The story really drew me in, and having been an Army wife to an infantryman for a while, I can relate to the tension and the struggle of loving someone who is deployed. I haven't read a book that made me so emotional in a while. I think it was what I needed since my life has been a series of thriller after thriller. Sometimes you gotta break your own heart just to remember that it still works, and that's what reading this book did to me. 

I know that this book was inspired by the tale of Cyrano de Bergerac and at first I thought that was going to be a turn off for me because it's not one of my favorite stories ever, but honestly had I not known that tidbit (it was in the description) I would have never guessed at it. I don't know what that says about my generation and catfishing being such a common thing now a days that this could occur so easily, but it worked in the story. 


I am working on the second book now, and will most likely be finishing it up tonight. I can say that if it is anywhere as amazing as this book was, I will definitely be checking out more of Ms. Scott's work. 


5 out of 5 stars! 


No comments:

Post a Comment