Thursday, May 21, 2020

He Started It by Samantha Downing

He Started It

*I received an eARC of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.* 

I remember reading Ms. Downing's other book My Lovely Wife  and really not being sure how I felt about it. He Started It, however; did not leave me with any doubts about the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I started and finished it in one day because I just couldn't put it down.

Beth and her siblings are going on a road trip to spread her grandfather's ashes. None of them are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts though-- there's inheritance money involved. They have to make it through the trip together without getting into any trouble-- but none of them are there for the right reasons. 

Honestly, none of the characters were good people. That just made the book even more interesting to me though, because you wanted to get into their minds and figure out what their motives were for the things they were doing. The ending definitely made the book as well-- I didn't see it coming and that's new for me. I would definitely recommend this book over her first one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment