Tuesday, May 5, 2020

The Numbers Game by Danielle Steel

The Numbers Game
Cover Art from GoodReads



*I received an eARC of this book in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own. *


Y'all already know how I feel about Ms. Steel, because I've mentioned it a few times before. Her books are ALWAYS a treat for me, and The Numbers Game  was no exception. This book focuses on two characters, Eileen and Olivia. Olivia is having an affair with Eileen's husband. "Numbers Game" uses the alternating points of view between the two women to show how the affair manages to change both of their lives. 

This was a typical DS book. There's infidelity, rich, gorgeous men,all of the main female characters are beautiful, and there's a happy ending for everyone involved. Once again, it didn't take me very long to read (finished it within three hours) and it left me with one of those warm fuzzy types of feelings. It's a palate cleanser after the thrill that was Good Girls Lie, and I needed that. It's hard to find things to say about Steel's books. I feel like she's been writing the same story since the 80s, and while they're not bad, they're just... there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment