Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The Herd by Andrea Bartz



*I received an eARC of this book from NetGalley in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own*

I wanted to like this one, and based on the description, I thought I was going to. It just.... fell flat for me. For one thing, I can tell you that working in an all female workspace isn't that great. I'm all for female empowerment, but women can be catty and ridiculous. I guess that was the point The Herd was trying to prove as well. 

The writing was decent, and the framework of the story was good. But reading it felt like a kid telling a story for attention: there was a dragon, and a candy fountain, and a witch", like she just kept adding things to the story because they were "cool" and not because they actually drove the story line any further. It took me a few days to finish because I just didn't care about any of the characters. Even the missing one. Not bad, not good, just "meh". 

No comments:

Post a Comment